Active Art Release is a soft tissue massage technique that addresses health problems related to the muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. This is a common practice in treating people with overused muscles that causes adhesions or scar tissue. When this happens, our muscles become weaker and shorter. Our muscle and joints mobility are also affected due to nerve compression. As a result, the patient will suffer from decrease of blood supply, poor mobility and pain.
ART has proven to have a 90% success rate. This approach is said to have effectively treated people with the following conditions:
- Back Pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Knee Problems
- Tennis Elbow
How is Active Release Technique Performed?
Doctor’s uses their hands to evaluate tightness and movement of the muscles, fascia, ligaments, tendons and nerves. Once the problem is identified, The ART technique is applied to correct the specific problem that is affecting the patient. By simply applying pressure, it breakdowns scar tissue, thus, allowing increase in blood flow.
Benefits of Active Release Technique
1. Relief from back pain problems. Back pains are usually caused by nerves being trapped or compressed. By simply using the ART technique, nerve strains will start to break up and patients now feel relief from back pain.
2. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Art is able to address not only one affected area but to all soft tissues of the body.
3. Knee problems. ART technique is an effective approach in minimizing knee problems which is often caused by psoas muscle.
4. Shoulder Pain. Once you feel debilitating pain in your shoulder, a soft tissue tune-up might be a good idea. This can be done through ART therapy. With just a few months of continuous therapeutic massage, shoulder pain will be gone completely.
5. Tennis Elbow Injury. This type of injury is commonly experienced by tennis players. ART is the most effective remedy to treat elbow injury, as it is said to primarily address ligaments, muscles, tendons and nerve issues.
6. Shin Splints. Shin splints are commonly experience by runners, athletes and other individuals who are serious into keeping themselves healthy and fit. Having this type of injury is very painful. Normally, the lower leg is inflamed due to stress. Inflammation is the repercussion of running for too long or wearing the wrong kind of shoes. But with Active Release Technique, pain is healed restoring strength and vigor easily.